Perth Hills Speech Pathology is seeking a part-time (2 days/week) Certified Practising Speech Pathologist to provide mobile services to children and adolescents.
About Perth Hills Speech Pathology
- Located in the beautiful Perth Hills and servicing clients in the South-East Metro, Perth Hills Speech Pathology is a growing speech pathology practice.
- Perth Hills Speech Pathology prides itself on providing assessment and intervention using the most up-to-date, evidence-based best practice.
- We are fully equipped with evidence-based, standardised formal assessment tools and therapy resources, and a vast selection of toys and games for all areas of speech, language and literacy.
- Di Van der Walt, the Owner and Principal Speech Pathologist, has over eleven years of experience as a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist. Di is Hanen Certified, PODD, Sounds-Write, Talk for Writing trained, alongside other professional development.
- Di will provide the successful applicants with direct clinical supervision, year-round guidance and mentoring at all stages of employment. Working with Di at Perth Hills Speech Pathology allows the unique opportunity to develop extended clinical knowledge in assessments and therapy, in a wide range of clinical areas and for differing client caseloads. This highly valuable support is integral to the Perth Hills Speech Pathology working environment and extends to all areas of service delivery.
- Please visit www.perthhillsspeech.com for more information about our practice.
- Applicants must be a Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP) registered with Speech Pathology Australia (SPA), and committed to continued professional development and ongoing participation in SPA’s professional self-regulation programme.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Speech Pathology is required. Speech Pathology postgraduates are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a practising Speech Pathologist.
- Applicants will be required to use their own vehicle to attend client sessions. This will be financially remunerated.
- Training in Hanen, It Takes Two to Talk and Sounds-Write is preferred. We will consider applicants who are willing to undergo training in these programmes as soon as possible.
- Applicants need to be highly motivated and organised, able to work both independently and as part of a team, to a high standard. Working with Perth Hills Speech Pathology requires self-management skills and the ability to organise your own timetable within the framework of consistent support and mentoring we provide.
- Perth Hills Speech Pathology is an enjoyable and supportive working environment. Having a good sense of humour is a plus!
- Most importantly, we value a strong work ethic, high ethical standards, and a commitment to providing the best evidence-based practice to Perth Hills Speech Pathology clients.
General conditions of employment
- Should you be a successful applicant, you will need to apply for a Medicare Provider Number for Perth Hills Speech Pathology. You will also need a Valid police clearance, WA-valid Driver’s Licence and Working with Children Check.
- Referee checks on at least two independent referees will be conducted prior to an offer of employment being made.